Tuesday 15 May 2012

Tis the season...festival that is

So the festival season is almost upon us! It's actually been a good few years since I donned a pair of wellies and joined a bunch of unwashed people in a pile of mud but this year I thought screw it lets go to T in the Park.


But this throws up the whole 'what should I wear?' question. This is a big struggle for me as I am a dress and ballet flats kinda girl and they don't mix when you are in a field with rubbish scottish weather (let's face it, it WILL rain!). Here are a few things I have my eye on for such an occasion: 

I have always struggled to find a decent pair of wellies as I have incredibly fat calfs, so even though I can get them on, I think they sit really funny and look horrible on me. The solution for this is....
Vivienne Westwood for Melissa studded booties £90.00
I love the button detail on these with the Westwood orb on them and black is my go to colour of choice. They are also the perfect ankle length avoiding my whole fat calf drama. Perfect!


Topshop Dripping Peace Vest £ 18.00
What could be more festival than a peace sign? The perfect top for skinny black jeans and drinking strongbow.

ASOS Cross Sunglasses Chain £ 4.00
I think these would look great on my Ray Bans and they are only 4 quid, bargain!

ASOS Orchid Flower Headband £ 8.00
Come on, it wouldn't be proper festival post without the flower headband! I love the pearls in the middle of the flowers, bringing a little festival glam!

What are your festival must haves when it comes to clothing?



3 comments:

  1. My festival must haves are of course, a good pair of boots (in this case, my DM's), because I have the same problem with my big legs so don't have wellies, and my trusy old leather jacket! xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. DM's are a great idea, I need to look mine out! I wish I was cool enough to have a leather jacket! xx

      Delete